The Challenge at work
Are you committed to the health of your employees? Would you like to help them improve their lifestyle habits? Promote the Quit to Win! Challenge in your workplace to support employees who want to quit!
Did you know?
- One employee who smokes costs employers an average of $4,000 more a year than a non smoker, mainly due to costs associated with reduced productivity attributed to smoke breaks and increased absenteeism related to health problems.
- Almost 60% of smokers want to quit but have difficulty doing so, which is why providing support is so important to increase their chances of success.
Five reasons to encourage your employees to quit smoking!
- Reduce absenteeism
- Improve resistance to stress
- Lower health-insurance costs
- Improve productivity
- Show that you care about the health and wellness of your employees
Managers! Here’s how you can encourage your employees to participate in the Challenge.
1) Spread the word
- Order or download the Quit to Win! Challenge promotional material.
- Tell people at your work about the Challenge: put up posters, distribute promotional cards, send an email to employees, put a web banner on your intranet, set up a booth, etc.
2) Motivate your participants
- Offer prizes to participants and their sponsors or teammates.
- Challenge other organizations, departments or branches.
- Set an example by stopping smoking yourself or sponsoring someone.
3) After the Challenge
- Congratulate participants in an email or the company newsletter.
- Continue to offer support to ex-smokers—to help them stay tobacco-free!