- The Challenge
- Features »
- The Challenge in brief »
- To register »
- Partners »
- The prizes »
- Spokespersons »
- Support kit »
- The winners »
- Media »
- Highlights »
- FAQ »
- Rules »
From March 1 to April 11, make a commitment not to smoke for 6 weeks and qualify to win one of many prizes!
Participate in the Challenge in your own way: alone, with the help of a non-smoking sponsor or by teaming up with another smoker who also wants to quit.
- I Quit
- I HelpI help
Most former smokers say the same thing: it's easier to quit smoking when you feel you've got support. That being the case, what better way to KO the smoking habit than as part of a team? Whether you're a non-smoker or a smoker who'd like to butt out for good, you can help someone in your circle free him- or herself from cigarettes.
- Tools and ResourcesTools and resources
Download the following tools to support you in your decision to quit smoking.
- Participant's FileParticipant's file
A practical and customized tool to help you succeed in the Challenge! (You must be registered to use the Participant's file)
Join us to be part of a network of motivating and motivated followers. Whether for consulting messages or for contributing, don't miss paying a visit. You'll see: motivation grows with use!
- Work EnvironmentWork environment
Living smoke-free is one of the best decisions a person can make for his or her health, and among the people in your circle there must certainly be smokers who want to quit.
Support them by promoting the Quit to Win! Challenge in your organization.
Help and support
Studies show that the chances of quitting smoking for good increase when the smoker can take advantage of a good support network.
- Ask someone in your family or a friend to be your sponsor or teammate and don’t hesitate to call on his or her support when the going is toughest. You can also speak to someone else you’re close to, a friend or a colleague who will listen to you and rekindle your determination to live tobacco-free.
- The iQuitnow helpline (1 866 527-7383, bilingual counselors available) offers a support service appropriate to your needs, free and confidential. Open from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., this service is run by counselors especially trained in helping people break the tobacco habit.
- In every region of Québec, Quit Smoking Centres provide a free personalized support service. To find out the location and contact information for the centre nearest you, call 1-866-527-7383 or consult the section “In your area.”
- Your doctor and your pharmacist can help you stop smoking, both in making the decision and in taking concrete action. These health-care professionals can support you in your preparation, in among other ways by determining which treatment is best suited to your smoker profile and to the state of your health. They can also support you during the quitting process and during your maintenance phase. Why not put all the odds on your side!
- At all times, you have access on the present site to a dynamic virtual community, where thousands of Internet users encourage and support one another in different sections (Facebook, testimonials, ecards and wallpapers). Whether for consulting messages or for contributing, don’t miss paying a visit. You’ll see: motivation grows with use!
- Signing up for the Quit to Win! Challenge is an excellent way of organizing the stop-smoking process and increasing motivation. In addition to becoming eligible to win prizes, you benefit from the support of thousands of people who are all quitting at the same time and who encourage one another within our on-line community. Register and familiarize yourself with the Challenge rules. Finally, be sure to take advantage of all the resources available to you on this site.